3.06.2010

Mushroom Adventures – One month

IMG_3799

To those of you who were on the edge of their seats just WAITING to see what was going to happen with my mushrooms- I’m sorry I haven't posted in a while!  Work was a little more intense then usual this week, but I’m back!

Just because I wasn’t filling you all in on my little mushroom-adventures doesn’t mean they haven’t been growing!  As of today I have enough portabella and white button mushrooms to make a great mushroom risotto or sauté some with vegetables.  I can’t wait.  (This time, if you don’t hear from me in over a week you should get concerned.. maybe the mushrooms weren’t edible afterall…..ugh)

IMG_3798 IMG_3793 IMG_3794 IMG_3795 IMG_3796 IMG_3797  I’m calling this “crop#1”

The box says they are supposed to keep coming back for a couple months. I already see little baby white button mushrooms so I believe them!

Mushroom recipe suggestions welcome!  I have a feeling I’ll need some inspiration.  I’ll make your recipe and post it on the blog!

Today is the first almost-warm-giving-you-the-feeling-that-spring-might-actually-come-one-day Saturday in D.C. so I’m signing off for the day to go out and enjoy it!

Today: Spending the day with my friend Beth and then going out to my friend Joe’s new Italian restaurant in Leesburg, VA Palio of Leesburg

1 comment:

  1. So much fun! Kind of makes me want to grow mushrooms. Why can't I be there to be you food adventure ginnea pig?

    ReplyDelete