4.04.2010

Checking in…

It took my sister writing me an email asking me if I was really so busy at work that I didn’t have time to post on this blog to remind me that it had been a while since my last entry.  I’m sorry! 

It’s spring in Washington, D.C. which means the start of the events season.  D.C. and its party planners are coming out of hibernation and that equals busy days and late nights for me.  That doesn’t mean I haven’t been cooking but I have to admit I’ve tried a few recipes that haven’t really turned out the way I wanted them to.  It’s important to admit defeat but there is no need to post said defeats.

Between events and simple dinners I’ve taken up running again!  I had previously hurt my knee but our February snow gave me the perfect excuse to sit back and relax and give myself time to get better for Spring!  I signed up for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler a while back and I was determined to get back into shape in time to run it.  It is only a week away!  While I don’t have any recipes for you this time, I do have a few pictures I’ve taken while running these past few weeks.  Thanks to my iPhone that I always have with me for phone/googlemaps/camera purposes I can documents my runs!

Running has given me the opportunity to explore parts of the city I would rarely typically go to, mainly around the monuments.  photo(5) Despite the large numbers of tourists (we love you all, don’t get me wrong!) in town this week for the Cherry Blossom Festival I took a run around the monuments to see the trees in bloom.  I had never been around the monuments at dusk before. Beautiful! 

photo(2)

photo(3) photo(4) To switch it up I ran around Roosevelt Island on Saturday.  I have to say it’s been nice rediscovering my city.  I promise to get back to cooking and baking soon. 

 

Happy Spring everyone!

4 comments:

  1. yeah! Thanks for the photos. It's nice to see little bits of DC. Get cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo a new post! welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about being MIA for so long. More to come soon!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty photos :) Yay for running!!

    ReplyDelete